This year, the College Democrats of Maryland will be holding its annual State Convention on May 5, 2018 from 12:00pm-3:00pm at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County Harbor Hall Multipurpose Room. Click here to RSVP!
Do you know someone who has done exceptional work within your club’s chapter or to promote progressive values? Nominate them for our College Democrat of the Year Award here. Nominations are due by April 30th and the winner will be revealed at this year’s State Convention!
Positions up for election at the 2018 State Convention:
- Vice President
- Political Director
- Director of Membership
- Director of Communications
- Director of Events
Position descriptions can be found in our bylaws.
Candidacy declaration procedure:
- All declarations for candidacy must be received no later than ten days before the State Convention. All emails must be received by Wednesday, April 25 at midnight.
- Send an email to our election chair at email@example.com using the subject line “Declaration of Candidacy.”
- In the body of the email, please include the following statement: “My name is [name] and I am declaring my intent to run for [position] at the 2018 State Convention.”
- At the convention, you must also be nominated by another College Democrat.
Additional election information, including voting procedures, can be found here.
- Carissa Antonis – Secretary
Ryan Kirby – President
- Riley Gee – Vice President
- Evan Murphy – Director of Membership